Besides the conference, there are a number of exciting things happening in and around Hamilton throughout the year.
- Discover the real middle earth on the most picturesque private farm near Matamata (just outside Hamilton) where you can visit the Hobbiton Movie Set from the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit film trilogies on your own or on a guided tour. Find out more on the Hobbiton Tours website HERE
- Always a lovely place to explore is the Hamilton Gardens - especially in the summer.
- Between Hamilton city and Ngaruawahia (venue) sits the gorgeous historic Woodlands Cafe, a great place to stop for lunch or a wander through the house and gardens
- A few moments down the road from Woodlands Cafe lies Zealong Tea Estate, where you can see the finest NZ tea being created. There is also a cafe (bookings essential) with beautiful food and drinks to indulge in!
- A 10 minute drive from Ngaruawahia is Waingaro, home of the hot pools. Includes a camp ground, motel, flats and cabins. There are a wide variety of activities available on site, including 3 hot-water pools, New Zealand's longest hot-water slide, bumper boats, private spa pools, games room, TV, pool tables, trampolines, children's play area, gas BBQs (under cover), poolside canopies, deer park and aviary.
- Tour Candyland, the sweetest place on earth - and only a 10 minute drive from Ngaruawahia!
- Just a half hour drive from Hamilton city centre lies Raglan - a gorgeous spot for surfing, sunbathing, wandering, lunching - you name it. Find out whats on HERE.
- For those who like a bit of nature, Bridal Veil Falls are a short bus trip / drive from Hamilton. Walking tracks around the falls are a great day out. Find out more HERE.
- For the adventurous, Hamilton boasts an exciting night life and events in and around the city.
- Check out the events being held at the moment on the WhatsOn website HERE.
Orbit Travel can arrange activities for you or check out the Hamilton i-SITE Visitor Centre
Haere mai. Enjoy your stay!